Sunday, June 15, 2008

Piles

As I move through my soon to be old apartment, I notice stuff starting to collect into piles.

Here is a small pile of un-knitted cashmere scraps. If there is a spinner out there who wants me to save and send thses, let me know.

Then I have piles of thrums. This pile happens to be mostly bamboo although I have silk thrums and chenille thrums galore. If anyone has use of colorful thrums, now is the time to let me know. I will happily send for the price of postage.

Ah, now cashmere sweaters are piling up again. These will get sent East to the Un-knitting Factory.
I am not moving far, but I am moving deep. I am excavating papers. (some of which go back almost 40 years). The blue bag is recycle, and the white with red letter is shredding

The things on the shelf have made it through the first cut. As I progress, I get more ruthless and have to empy the bags more often. I have 8 file drawers full and several loose boxes of memorabilia and photographs. Compress!

1 comment:

Tobie said...

Hi Bonnie

One use for thrums and leftover fiber is to stuff pillows with them!
Good luck with your move and your simplifying. It's a good idea to travel with a lighter imprint.

Tobie