Friday, February 6, 2009

INSPIRED BY BONNIE

Theresa Davies recently bought a kit from me. These are her words:


Here is all 12 feet of the rug loosely based on the horoscope gamp. I had a lot of fun with this.

I did have to do some creative interpretation, as some colors I didn't have a lot of in my stash of quilt fabric, but I came close. I never would have guessed that true red was so lacking in my collection of fabrics. I had lots of good yellows and greens though and plenty of indigo.

Oh gosh, I couldn't imagine doing the rug exactly like the draft. I did find that with the rug and weft, it isn't the individual shots, it's the rug as a whole.

Worrying over each shot is, well, needless, but then again...maybe I'm not so much free as a bit lazy

My husband was so excited he hung it before I could get some close ups!


Take care and when I get that formal warp done I'll be sure to send you a pic.




For all those who have ordered kits from me, remember if you send me a picture and some words about your process and I post it here---I will send you a complimentary horoscope draft.

In case you already have, and I have not sent you a draft, please remind me. It is merely a senior moment.

1 comment:

Cate Rose said...

Wow, that's gorgeous! And congrats on selling the kits!