Saturday, July 11, 2009

Focus Pocus

I find it extremely difficult to focus on the matters at hand. Perhaps it is because I am farsighted or because I am a Pisces or a child of the 60's, but I seem to cast my gaze on some distant otherworldly point. In day to day life, I move from project to project leaving piles of disorganized papers, dirty dishes and unmade beds in my wake.


I will be shipping off this bamboo/cashmere Woven Words scarf today. (forgot to do it yesterday and is my main goal for today).

There was enough warp for (almost) another scarf (a shawl for a small person). I wove this one in the soft blue I used as accents in the scarf above.

Have I mentioned how in love I am with the recycled cashmere?

Meanwhile I'm weaving off this wonderful black and white piece. I can't wait to feel how the cashmere combines with the merino wool (although I will have to take greater care with the laundering---no popping into the dryer like I can do with the bamboo/cashmere combo)


And I am having a blast playing with the color wrappings for the Blessing Blanket! I am waiting for the arrival of some additional yarn before I begin winding the warp, plus I have to weave off the black and white since the blanket will be woven on Gary. (wrappings to left of center are the colors I will be using) I am still working out the dimensions of the blanket, so playing around with the wrappings gives me the opportunity to contemplate.

So I thought I would wind yet another incarnation of my own Color Horoscope Weaving. I always like to weave a piece dedicated to an upcoming workshop. I leave for the Bay Area on the 25th. I hope to bring this with me to inspire my students.


Perhaps writing this post will help me focus.

3 comments:

Theresa said...

I can't wait to see the pieces off the loom. That black and white is just spectacular Bonnie. Inspiring!!

Anonymous said...

You're working on some very interesting -- and very different -- projects, and I'm looking forward to seeing how they evolve. I'm partial to the b&w because it's ikat and elegant looking already, but all the blanket colors are intriguing too. Have fun with them all.

Valerie said...

Lovely post with such eye candy!!

Your musings about focusing at a point in the future made me think of this motivational article that I read this morning: http://www.sparkpeople.com/resource/motivation_articles.asp?id=388&page=2

One day I'd love to take in a Bay Area Conference.