Saturday, September 26, 2009

St. Louis Recap

I finally understand what people mean when they say they are too busy to weave. I expect to find spider webs on my looms.

But the upside is the wonderful experience I had in St. Louis! What a great group! Of course I have this all backwards. I taught a 2 day workshop first, and then I gave a couple of lectures. Here is the guild from the Exploring Not So Plain Weave program waving to you. I had a lovely chat with Connie (lower left). She told me she had taken a class from Mary Meigs Atwater!


Oops, I just deleted a really important picture. I'll just have to do a another post tomorrow. Pretend you are seeing weavers weaving their horoscopes.

In addition to weaving, I presented several intriguing color exercises. The one below is about building your own palette and the subjective nature of color. (no mistakes, no wrong answers)


And Marti even finished her weaving. There is always one. And she hadn't woven in years.


Here we are at the end of the second day. Everyone agreed it was a life-changing experience. Surely you will soon see finished weavings in Inspired By Bonnie.


Jockey Hollow here I come.

No comments: