Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Hang Tags and Inventory

Thursday is the sale, but preparing items to bring to the sale can be quite an involved task.

Since each little sachet is unique and has a "story", I realized I needed to create a hang tag to explain about the recycled cashmere and woven words and a little about me. This decision came to me too late to hire a graphic designer, and I don't have (or if I do I don't know how to use) a graphics program on my computer-----so I resorted to cut and paste.


Above is the outside, and below is the inside. I decided to have the tag fold vertically. I will let you know how that works out.

I also knew that I could go to Kinkos and have them print it out on card stock, but for some reason I felt compelled to print it at home.
Because I have used somewhat thinner paper than card stock, the results are not as spiffy as they could be---rather homey. I have to say it took some effort to get the back and front to match. Here they are folded and ready for the next step.


The Seattle Weavers Guild Sale is not set up in booths but rather departments. (rugs, clothing, scarves etc) Because of this, each person must fill out an inventory tag and 2 copies of an inventory sheet.

Ninty hang tags ready to go. The next step is to attach each tag to the sachet, so off I go to do that.

3 comments:

Holly said...

Bonnie -- I love your tags! Can't wait to see them tomorrow.
Holly

grace lovelace said...

bonnie oh bonnie... you are just outstanding,every little thing just so perfect..lovely
grace

HSF said...

I love your tags. Really great project too. SO much work and detail. Thanks as always for sharing it all.