Monday, November 9, 2009

So Do I Ever Get to Weave

I thought this was a very nice picture. I had laid out the Mary Meigs Atwater weaving on my table (to cut strips to include in my Color Horoscope Weaving Instructions Packets). I got carried away and started playing with my wrapped birthday blessing words.


Then I started playing around with draping some of my cloths. I finally finished weaving the turned weft ikat scarf in 18/2 Jaggerspun and un-knitted cashmere.

And then I decided to take inventory of my yet to be un-knitted cashmere. There are 43 sweaters on the table, but tonight a fellow brought me 20 more! I am cashmere rich!


I like to weave a piece before I head out to teach although I am not always able to do so. I thought I would weave my horoscope using the Lunatic Fringe yarn. I have never actually woven with it before. Many of my students have used it, so I thought I would give it a try.


I am using a sett of 30 epi.

It remains to be seen if I will actually be able to get it woven off before Friday.

No comments: