Monday, August 9, 2010

Buddha Garden Weaving Day #1


Wow is the word of the day! Check out my Facebook page and see the daughter of my spirit, Sharmila ,weaving along with me on the other side of the world. I haven't figured out how to lift those pictures and put them on my blog, but perhaps it will come to me tomorrow. I shared the Dalai Lama draft with her, but I didn't know she was going to weave along with me---what a treat!

If anyone would like a copy of the Dalai Lama draft, I am happy to share it with you. Just contact me via my email with your contact information. Although I am saying this now, I have no way to doing this until I get back to Seattle after the 19th.

At first I was concerned that the cashmere was going to cover the silk too much, but not the case.
The colors are rich and subtle. My little visitor seemed like a good omen.

About a year ago, I sent Connie Rose some skeins of white recycled cashmere to over-dye. I am thrilled that I saved it for this project. The variegated skeins look very rich, indeed. Thank you Connie!

And then my friend Linda, from out of the past, showed up to weave a little bit. Actually there were a half dozen folks who stopped by to weave. I wish I had taken pictures of everyone who sat down at the loom. I will be sure to ---if people stop by on Tuesday, although I suspect tomorrow will be a quiet day.

Interestingly, I taught Linda to weave 25 years ago when we both lived in Seattle. Linda now lives 3 miles or so from the Garden. It was sure great to re-connect with old friends. It feels more and more like I am "coming home".
I easily got 1/3 of the weaving done. At about 3:30 we had a huge down-pour which cooled everything off. Then the wind came up and we had to batten down the loom for the evening.

Let's see what tomorrow brings.

1 comment:

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.