Thursday, August 26, 2010

Letter to a Weaving Friend


Hi Dorothy,

Just a quick note as I am now in the throes of packing. The movers come on Monday, and there is so much to do. But I wanted to take this moment to share a special picture with you.

This trip to Montana was amazing-- truly a once in a lifetime experience! Just to be clear, I wasn’t weaving FOR the Dalai Lama. I was weaving FOR a group of people who carry the vision of creating a place so sacred in the middle of the remote Flathead Reservation---that the Dalai Lama has accepted an invitation to consecrate this “garden” upon completion. I created the Dalai Lama's horoscope weaving as an offering to help raise money (which they dearly need) to complete the project within the next year. The result of this offering, so far, has been nothing short of a miracle, and I haven't even delivered the completed weaving yet. Call me if you want details as it is a story that must be told rather than written.


On the last day of the trip, I looked through the glass front door into the little house I was to rent and took a picture through the glass


and saw the future......(grin)

Colorfully,
Bonnie

7 comments:

Gerri in St Paul said...

The good vibes of the new place just jump out of cyberspace! May the packing just do itself. Best wishes for a wonderful start to the next adventure.

Rhonda from Baddeck said...

Love that picture! Looks like a happy place - the wood floors, beautiful light, pretty archway and streetside greenery seem to be welcoming you.

pola said...

May the shoemaker's elves come a night and help you pack!
Pola

Unknown said...

I hear your Voice and Spirit behind each of those words Ms Bonnie.

Unknown said...

What a wonderful thing, and so very you.

Anonymous said...

That looks magical! Welcome back to Montana! I just live a few hours from the Missoula area, and hope to meet you in person.

Ulrike said...

I wish you all the best in your new place and wonderful inspiraton.