Sunday, February 19, 2012

Hello from the Central Coast Weavers

Of course, now I am back in Montana after an amazing visit to the Central Coast Weavers. I don't usually like to back-track, but this guild has much to share. If you click on their link, the first thing you see is this:

Guild Motto: Friendship is the shining path we weave

Perhaps all guilds have a motto, but this is the first one that I heard more than one guild member say to me. (and I got to see it in action as well as experience it fully during my all too short stay). If you belong to a guild that is struggling, study CCW's model. Their membership has grown considerably since the last time I was there. I came away with a deep sense of gratitude and a feeling of optimism about the future of Handweaving .

I finally have moved into the 21st century with my first power point presentation. In addition to bringing my laptop, I brought a copy of the presentation on a disk and a thumb drive. I did this because I had yet to see a power point presentation where everything worked right off the bat---except for this one (grin)

My new lecture and workshop, INTENTIONAL DESIGN, focuses more on the meaning one weaves into cloth rather than trying to figure out what the finished cloth will look like.

Many non professional weavers tell me they are not creative. I believe creativity is like a muscle that must be exercised in order to become stronger. I provide a gentle creativity workout for all levels of creative fitness.

More to follow!

No comments: