Thursday, August 16, 2012

Weaving Peace in Arlee--day 9-- Second Panel Complete


Here is the end result of a very active international day of weaving.

I slowed down the weaving yesterday awaiting the arrival of a new warp (which arrived at 4:30 this afternoon). Well, so much for measuring---since I didn't know how long the warp was to begin with. I just kind of guessed what I hoped was halfway. I was only a yard off. (grin) The new warp is about 20 yds long, so there will not be a problem with too short.


Remember, there are no mistakes.


That is what I reminded these two beautiful weavers. Weaver below has a Brazilian mother who gave me the Portuguese word for peace, PAZ, so now paz is woven in.

And then a crowd of Swedish folks arrived on the scene bringing the Swedish word for peace, FRED.

Each day has brought so many unimagined blessings and surprises. I am brimming with gratitude.

No comments: