Monday, August 4, 2014

Yes, I am Still Alive


 After a rather long break, here is weaving going on the loom! And now I begin the season of  Tencel, hopefully a fiber for all seasons. I'll have to weave at least a dozen pieces before I know enough about Tencel. I remember that I turned my nose up when I first heard about this yarn many years ago, and I said "I would never use Tencel". I should know by now that when I never...... I also wrote in my college weaving journal "I HATE STRIPES"

This particular tencel comes from WEBS. Hopefully I will be able to talk Cotton Clouds (who also carries this yarn) to make up Color Horoscope Weaving Kits, like they offer in Bambu 7 & 12).


The way that bamboo yarn seems to be a bit "wooley", tencel is much more "silky". I had problems with tension on the first and second piece I did, but I take my time and think good thoughts. Now #4 and #5 (in picture) have been much better.   


I really like the colors in this horoscope. It makes me curious to see what my horoscope would look like in 8/2 tencel.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ausdrucksvoll expresive wounderful..best wishes wiebke